Paʻa Pōhaku, Kono IʻaPosted by Keli'i Kotubetey on June 6, 2014
It is said that fish gather when a strong foundation is set. It is with that manaʻo in mind that Paepae o Heʻeia is proud to invite one and all to a fundraiser event at Hula Grill Waikiki on June 11th themed “Paʻa Pōhaku, Kono Iʻa”. We recognize that the work we do is influenced, supported, driven, and made possible by the various communities interacting with Heʻeia Fishpond. The event details are as follows:
- What: Paepae o Heʻeia Fundraiser Event
- Where: Hula Grill Waikiki (2335 Kalākaua Avenue, directly above Dukes)
- When: Wednesday June 11th (Kamehameha Day Holiday)
- Time: 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- Entertainment: Kupaoa, Nā Hōkū Hanohano recipients
- Raffles: $5 and $10 raffle items (several listed below)
- Food: 7 pūpū stations crafted by Hula Grill including local ingredients from Molokai, Hawaii, and Windward Oahu
- Price: $40 per person (plus $1.99 processing fee if purchased online at paapohaku.eventbrite.com)
Enjoy an amazing spread of foods incorporating heʻe from Kaneʻohe Bay, sweet potato from Molokai, oysters from Hilo, and Kalo and Hoʻio from Heʻeia. Your ears will feast as well on the nahenahe music provided by the very talented and award-winning duo of Lihau and Kellen Hannahs-Paik also known as Kupaoa.
And, to kick it up a notch, we will have a huge number of raffle items up for grabs with some amazing items including but not limited to: Hawaiian Airlines miles vouchers, Patagonia gear, Kealopiko wear, Whole Foods gift pack, a beach cruiser bike, fishing gear, hats and tshirts, music CDʻs, jewelry, and gift certificates.
Contact us for more information (236-6178) or simply go to the link paapohaku.eventbrite.com to purchase your ticket online. And if youʻd like to help spread the word, copy the flyer below! Mahalo no ke kakoʻo!!