Tours & Field Trips
Come visit He’eia Fishpond and experience what takes place at a traditional loko i’a. Learn about this fishpond and its remarkable characteristics, become a part of its rich history, and connect with the storied landscape in the ahupua`a.
We offer both one-hour guided walking tours and three-hour field trips for groups of all sizes and ages. Please read the information below and contact us to schedule an educational visit.
1) Walking Tours: A 60-minute walking tour of the fishpond with a guide. Covered shoes are required. Hat and sunscreen are recommended. Pricing is as follows:
- $40 for up to 4 people
- $10 per head for each person thereafter
- Children under 2 are free
2) Field Trips: A three-hour field trip experience includes a fishpond tour, service learning project, and related educational lessons that can be subject-specific if requested. Groups are scheduled Monday thru Thursday on a first-come first-serve basis. Groups may stay to eat their own lunch. Hawaiʻi residents get a $100 discount. Our prices are as follows:
- 1-20 people = $250
- 21-40 people = $300
- 41-50 people = $350
- 51-60 people = $400
- 61-70 people = $450
- 71-80 people = $500
- Over 80 people is negotiable
We do understand today’s financial hardships in the school system. Therefore, scholarships for educational groups wishing to participate in the three-hour field trip are available. If your group would like to apply, please fill out this Scholarship Application. The application is not a guarantee of acceptance.
To schedule a visit please check your desired date with our calendar and contact us!
Click here for our Liability Waiver
Click here for a Map to He’eia Fishpond
Click here for an Informational Flyer